We have some WINNERS!
If you’re one of these lucky moons, email me your mailing address and your bag choice to sales (@) allendesignsstudio.com.
Thank you for playing along and also for all our your wonderfully creative bag design ideas!!! YOUR IDEAS MATTER!
I’m feeling a bit sentimental right now and wanted to show you how much I appreciate YOU!!!
You guys are AMAZING! It’s because of you that I am encouraged on a daily basis, thank you!
p.s. these bags are a wonderful gift as they fit perfectly into a large envelope and are super easy to send.
SIMPLE TO ENTER:
1. Leave a comment on this post: Telling me what kind of art/theme you would want to see on a bag???
2. Share us with your friends on Facebook or Twitter and leave a comment (here on the blog) letting me know you did.
Contest will close the evening of Monday, Feb.23.
To enter the Facebook drawing, there will be a post up on our Facebook Page on SATURDAY
that you can comment on to enter there. 🙂
Looking back, some of my best years of productivity and happiness have been the years that I make a list of things I want to accomplish in that year. I’m realizing though that it’s not JUST the list writing, cause truth be told, I do that every year. It’s been the times that I put my list of goals out there, document the progress and really reflect on my list that seems to make the things on my list actually come to fruition.
These are all things I REALLY WANT to do. But I get tired. And lazy. And distracted. The list helps me to stay on track. And putting it out here for all of you to see, gives me a sense of accountability.
I like to break my list up into different categories, as you’ll see below.
- beach trip
- acts of kindness month
- print 2013/2014 book of pictures
- eat at Beast or Biwa
- family pictures
- make an article of clothing
- window treatment for living room
- landscaping in yard
- finish fence
- put on a Neighborhood Gathering
- TRAVEL out of the USA
- get misc. ART FRAMED
- hike BEACON ROCK w/family
- float river in Bend
- make a living will
Hike Dog Mountain
- Eat at Lardo & Broder Nord
- chat books
- go see Steve, April & Marlo/ Sunny
- hike FOREST PARK
- Portland Art Museum
- plant cutting flowers
- go to Blue Star Donuts or Pips & Katchka
- go somewhere awesome for our anniversary
- eat at Maurice & Podnah’s Pit BBQ
- go to Sweedeedee
- clean out garage
- make over guest room
- make over tv room
- headboard for bed
- make over jessica’s room
- go to Rowena Crest in the Gorge
I’ve already marked off “Hike Dog Mountain“!
My friend Stacey and I trekked the 6.9 mile hike last Friday and it was awesome!
There was no view of the Columbia River Gorge to be had, but the frozen fog was quite magnificent.
- art night in studio
- T-SHIRTS made for ADS
- STICKERS made for ADS
- business cards made for ADS
- handmade gifts for Christmas for customers/friends
- 2015 ornament (year of the?)
blog my list for accountability
- take Mary Kate Mcdevitt’s or CD Muckosky hand lettering class
- volunteer at the Food Bank as a studio
- yummy pictures showing our products being put to use. being made.
- monthly meetings *1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
- take illustrator workshop Bonnie Christine on creative live
- get bag line together and launched
- take camera in for cleaning
- 300 Days of Creating Challenge
- yoga class (at least try it!)
- work up to running 10 miles
- lift weights
- drink more water/ take vitamins every day/exercise several days a week
- paint or create every day for at least 30 min. (300 day challenge)
- weekly family meals- sunday evenings *
I love the quote “Fail to Plan, Plan to Fail”.
I know it doesn’t hold true in every case but for me, planning definitely increases my productivity. And being productive, makes me happy.
For the items that are a weekly or a monthly I’m adding a * each time they’re accomplished.
Well, I have to say, this has been a REALLY GOOD challenge for me.
I’m already more intentional to be creative knowing that I can’t get behind.
And, along with it, I’m FEELING more creative!
Below are a sampling of a few of the days so far…
7/300 Thinking a lot about the lack of snow up in our poor mountains, makes me sad.
8/300 If all I get done in a day is a sketch, then I count that.
9/300 Love this wonky guy. “Angst Expressed”
11/300 I decided to make and keep a journal of the 300 Days of Creating as well as my 2015 Goals.
If you want to see more, follow along with me on Instagram (allendesignsstudio).
Also, check out the hashtag #300daysofcreating to find others who have joined me in this challenge!
And, it’s not too late to join! There are still 331 days left in the year!!!
p.s. if you want a pdf copy of the 300 Days of Creating lettering from above, make sure to sign up for my mailing list as that will be included in the next newsletter 🙂