i love creating art in different places; a friend’s house, an art retreat, etc.
the best way to be able do this i’ve found, is by having a designated art travel bag.
the local craft stores never seemed to have all that i was looking for.
so i ended up going to home depot/lowe’s (can’t remember which one) to find a tool bag.
it was hideous and very manly.
as curly girl designs says, “i am fairly certain given a cape & a nice tiara, i could save the world”-
for me it should read, “given paint and a paint brush i could change the world!”.
my friend Janne and i strongly believe that “arting” should be a word. right?!?!
- • hard and soft bristle brushes
- • staedtler black fine tipped pens
- • lyra 6b graphite pencil
- • uniball signo white pen
- • sharpie paint pens (just a few for fun)
- • pencil
- • eraser (staedtler)
- • scissors
- • E6000 glue
- • golden gel medium
- • golden paints(mostly liquid), liquitex paints(concentrated & heavy body) & blick artists acrylics(heavy body)
- • blue shop paper towels- love these cause i can use them over & over again
- • recycled lids for paint palettes
- • washi tape
- • art journal or project of the moment
and there you have it.
that’s what’s in my bag.
obviously, you could make a bag like this for all sorts of hobbies- scrap-booking, sewing, crocheting, beading etc.
do you have one? if so, how does it differ? what’s in your bag?